Monday, August 25, 2014

Choosing You

These two crazy kids are on my mind today remember them?! 
Giddy with love, brimming with hope & plans, bursting at the seems with passion…I cherish these sweet dating memories! Summer of 2011 was a beautiful summer of love, questions, adventure & commitment. 

My first time visiting Canada :)



3 years ago today, on August 25th 2011, Cary proposed to me. I don't think I've ever felt happier than in the moments documented below. I love reminiscing on such an amazing time in our lives. Such uncontainable joy! 




And then came…our wedding day! Oh happy, long awaited day! :) 
We look so young & full of love, excitement, commitment…Ready to conquer the world & face life together. There's beauty, joy, innocence, love... Gosh, I'm so thankful for these beautiful moments in our love story.






We were optimistic & expectant, head strong & devoted.  We didn't really understand our vows when we made them, but of course no one does! Just like we still don't completely understand them now, even though we do understand them a whole lot better with just 2 years + 4 months under our belt. ;) I believe it would take a lifetime or more to fully comprehend what it means to devote yourself completely to another through life's every circumstance. I'm glad I found such a wonderful man who's committed to figuring it out with me. 
I'm also so thankful for our parents, whose marriages both taught us so much about commitment, sacrifice & real love. And most of all, I'm thankful for Jesus, who gave the ultimate example of love to us, by laying down his life for the church, his beloved bride. 


"Blessed is the one who trusts in The Lord, who confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out it's roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." 
~Jeremiah 17:7-8 

This was one of the Bible verses that we prayed over our relationship while we were engaged & planning our wedding. I've been thinking about this verse lately & how well it fits our journey.

As we prayed this verse over our upcoming marriage, in those crazy months of wedding planning, little did we know that a drought in the form of infertility would shortly come our way. I'm thankful that God knew. I'm thankful He gave us His scripture to strengthen & prepare us for this unpredictable earthly life. 

Though there have been many hard days & months in our short marriage, there have been far more times of such intense love, commitment & unexplainable joy. Sometimes these moments & days have come naturally, flowing out of our love for one another. Other times, most times, these moments are ours because we choose thembecause we committed to choosing them. We chose them before we were even married or engaged, as we built our foundation on the truth, love & example of Jesus. We chose them as we prepared to enter into a lifelong commitment to one another & to God. We chose them when we said those sacred vows & prayed those binding prayers. We've chosen them throughout the last 2 years, as we battled through a lot of heartache & disappointment. By the grace of God, we chose them & will continue choosing them all the days of our lives. 

I'm so thankful for the stability of our love & for our faith in Jesus for getting us through the low points these past months & years. I know there will be many more trails & dry periods in our life together, but there's no one I'd rather experience them with than you, Cary. I'm both excited & nervous to soon enter into parenthood & this new stage of our marriage together. I'm thankful that we can face the future together, with our marriage rooted deep in the unwavering love of Christ. 


Cary Koch, I'm still overjoyed & grateful that 3 years ago, you asked me to walk through this life with you until the end. And if I could choose again, I'd still choose you. Because to me, that's what love means. 



No comments:

Post a Comment