Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Welcome Home Isabel!

Meet our daughter, Isabel Grace. 


"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." ~Psalm 139:13-16

The past month has been a beautiful, chaotic, wonderful whirlwind. Our hearts are completely captivated by sweet Isabel. God’s perfect plan has continued to amaze us. We have seen so many prayers answered. 
There’s so much I want to share about our experience. I’m hoping to be able to slowly start to write more in the coming weeks. For now, I’m excited to share just a little update with y’all! 

Almost a month ago, this precious angel was born in Georgia. I will never forget the feeling that came over me the moment she was born. Every hard moment, every question, all the disappointment & heartache just fell away as I stood there holding out newborn daughter… My heart was filled with the most intense love, joy & amazement & I knew my life would never be the same… 

Our beautiful girl! 
Photo credit to Elizabeth LaRoche.
Sweet moments after Isabel's birth. I am so thankful we were able to have these priceless moments captured.
 Photo credit to Elizabeth LaRoche.
 Most beautiful day of my life…
Photo credit to Elizabeth LaRoche. 

I wanted to share a little bit about why we chose to name our baby girl Isabel. If you’ve been following our journey, you know that we were matched in November. In early December, we were able to travel to Georgia to meet Isabel’s birth mother & find out in person that she was carrying a baby girl. The experience was absolutely priceless to us. Our hearts were overjoyed & full of love for the baby girl we saw moving around on the ultrasound screen. The question burning in our minds as we drove home from Georgia was, “What is our baby girl’s name!?” None of the names we had previously picked out seemed to fit her. We brainstormed the whole way home & somewhere along the way, Isabel Grace popped up & slowly stole our hearts.  It was important for us to choose a name that honored our daughter’s roots, was beautiful & also significant of our prayer for her life. Even though her name not that different or trendy, we love it & think it suits her story perfectly. Isabel means, “God is my oath/promise” & Grace means, “God’s favor.” Could there be any two phrases that sum up our journey to bring our daughter home any more perfectly than those?!


 I can't wait to see more pictures from Isabel's newborn shoot with Jen Menard.

Our prayer for Isabel is that she would come to know Jesus in a real way at an early age. We pray that the grace of God will shape her life in a beautiful & undeniable way. We hope she will live out the purpose God has for her life in full confidence that He loves her & is always enough for her. We hope that her life would continue to be a powerful testimony to the world of God’s favor & promises. I pray that she would always know how much she is loved & adored by us, her birth family & by God. She is truly perfect & beautiful in every way. 




Our journey in Georgia for Isabel’s birth last month was a highly emotional one. The whole experience was so overwhelming & I am still processing it. It was incredibly beautiful, hard, priceless & exhausting all at once…and like every other part of our journey to bring her home, every second was completely worth it all. There are still moments where I just stare at our beautiful girl, weeping with joy & relief that she is finally here & in my arms… Motherhood is an incredible blessing.  

 Photo credit to Jen Menard.



Every single day, Cary & I are thankful for Isabel’s birth mother. We are so grateful that she chose life for her daughter… Thankful that she carried & loved Isabel the best she could for 9 months… Blessed beyond measure that she allowed us into her life in such an intimate way from beginning to end during Isabel’s birth experience... We are honored, grateful & humbled that she chose to entrust us with her precious daughter... We are parents because she believed her little girl would blossom best under our care…there are no words to describe that honor.  The joy that we experience every day is all because of her brave choice & beautiful sacrifice. Please continue to keep her & her family in your prayers.


Photo credit to Jen Menard.

It’s wild that a year ago this month, we made the decision to start the process of adoption. As I look back over the past 12 months, I am completely amazed at all God has done. I am so thankful that He led us to say yes to adoption & that we embraced this adventure wholeheartedly. Our sweet girl was absolutely worth the wait & everything it took to bring her home. 


Sometimes, in the quiet moments of the day, between the feedings, kisses, diaper changes, swaddling & excessive picture taking, I remember what it was like to only have hope for a child to call my own. Now our beautiful daughter has been here almost a month & the joy she brings to our lives is priceless & powerful. I am brought to my knees with gratitude to God for teaching us so much on this journey, for sustaining us with His strength, for moving mountains for our family…for blessing us with sweet Isabel…His plans are truly good & His favor sweet. I am excited to see what He continues to do in this new stage of our lives.  

Love my little family! 
Pure joy!
Cutest baby girl in the whole wide world :)

We are so thankful for each person who followed along in our journey to bring “Baby K” home. It’s been a blessing to have so many people walking with us through the ups & downs of this great adventure. Thank you all for the prayers, support & encouragement over the past year. Thank you for sharing in our joy this past month & showering our little family with love through your words & prayers. I have been really horrible at keeping up with my messages & emails, so please forgive me if you haven’t heard back from me…I cherish all of your kind words, even when I don’t respond. To those of you who have dropped off meals or gifts, thank you SO much! We are still adjusting to being home & taking care of our little angel, so we really appreciate it. I’m excited to continue to share about our adoption journey & what God is teaching me through motherhood here. Now that Isabel is home, I need to update a few sections on the blog ;) Thanks for continuing to support our family during this beautiful time in our lives.

 Photo credit to Jen Menard.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11 

With love, 
Tyler, Cary & Isabel 


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful , I’m so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading that and sharing in your incredible God written story. Sometimes the hardest moments of our life turn into the most beautiful blessings! You two are the sweetest couple and Isabel is beyond gorgeous in her little outfits! I follow you on instagram as sweetbabyhopes and am encouraged daily by your story as we walk our own infertility journey at the moment xxxx

    ReplyDelete