Monday, October 12, 2015

Thankful. Grateful. Blessed.

It's been far too long since I've blogged. September seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye! All the preparation & anticipation for my sister's beautiful wedding had something to do with that ;) 

Isabel was the most precious flower baby EVER!


Today, I opened a journal that I started writing in last year while we were waiting to be matched. The waterworks hit me full force once I saw the date on the first entry I ever wrote- Canadian Thanksgiving 2014- exactly one year ago today. As I read the words I wrote to our sweet Baby K before we even knew about her, the magnitude of all God has done in the past year moved me…& I've hardly been able to hold back tears of joy & gratitude since. 


Adopting Isabel has changed me… I have become a more grateful & present person. I wake up everyday knowing how blessed I am & don't take even the smallest moments with my family for granted. I never forget, not even for a second, the many people who helped us bring Isabel home. I live everyday with the beautiful & humbling reminder of how so many incredible people rallied around us throughout our journey with support, prayer & love. Even after all this time, I am still so deeply moved by the way so many of you blessed us. Although I know I'll never find words adequate enough to express my gratitude….I won't stop trying:  

To each & every person who generously donated, participated in our fundraising efforts, faithfully prayed for us, followed the blog, texted/called/messaged, brought meals, bought gifts & invested in our family in so many beautiful ways…thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! 
Your encouragement, generosity & thoughtfulness have changed our lives (& our family) forever…
Adoption built our family. Faith, hope, love & sacrifice built our family. Your generous support built our family… We are forever grateful. 


Isabel's fundraising puzzle hangs in her room. It's a tangible reminder of God's provision for us. I love taking it down to tell her the story of how so many people helped to bring her home.
This weekend, we took Isabel out in the backyard  & snapped a few photos of her sitting by her puzzle. 
What an incredible representation of the support we received on our adoption journey!




*I just want to add that many of the names represented here deserve much more space than they have been allotted! The puzzle fundraiser brought in more donations than we had space to properly represent…what a blessing! To those of you who gave generously but don't have your donation properly represented- I promise you that even though we ran out of puzzle pieces, our hearts will never run out of amazement & gratitude for the incredible way you blessed our family last year!* 

God has done so much in my heart over the past 2 years.  He has healed my broken heart. He has blessed me with the family I've always hoped for. He has shown me that His plan is truly best. I wouldn't change a second of this crazy faith journey God has us on… Can't wait to see what's in store for us as we continue to say YES to His plan for our family! 

A little Izzy update: Our baby girl is 8 months old today! She continues to be a sweet, easy & happy baby. She is babbling & "talking" with us more & more. Around 6 months she started saying "mama" & she is now saying "dada" too :) She's had two (bottom) teeth come in so far. All of a sudden, she is on the move - crawling, pulling up & getting into everything! If you have any baby proofing wisdom to pass on to us, please feel free to do so ;) It's amazing to watch our girl explore & learn so much in this new stage. We adore & cherish her so much!



Thank you for rejoicing with us in this new stage of our lives. We continue to be blessed by the love so many of you continue to show our family. 

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to all of our friends in Canada! We are missing celebrating with you this year.

With a grateful heart,
Tyler 

You turned my wailing into dancing;
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will praise you forever. 
~Psalm 30:11-12 


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. ~James 1:17  
Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;

    make known among the nations what he has done.
 
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
    tell of all his wonderful acts.
 
Glory in his holy name;
    let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
 
Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced.  ~Psalm 105:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment