Thursday, November 19, 2015

National Adoption Month: For This Child

Before you read my words below, go read this beautiful devotional from Sarah's Laughter Infertility Ministry: 
Link:

I cried the whole way through it. Every single word hits home

It was for Isabel that we waited, prepared, dreamed, hoped & longed for two years… She is truly our good & perfect gift from above…she is the child we prayed for. When I saw her face for the first time, everything inside of me grew still & I knew with every fiber of my being that I was created to know & love her. 

It was for this child I stayed awake long nights aching to know & longing to hold.. It was for this child I shed countless tears over… For this child I begged the Lord to bring into my life… For this child I prayed every single day for… For this child that I dreamed about & longed to know deep within my soul. 

The infertility & the adoption process, the wait & the pain, the desire & the dreams…it was all for the Lord's purpose of bringing Isabel, my daughter, to me. 

And now I feel that way again. I know the Lord has another baby for us. I can feel it in my soul. It's for this next child, this very specific child that the Lord is leading us to, that everything in me wants to fight for, prepare for, fundraise for, dream about, pray over…

I don't doubt God's plan anymore. We feel Him nudging us to prepare & so we are. We are jumping back into the crazy, emotional, stressful, exhausting, financially draining journey of adoption NOW because we know there is another this child that we are meant to know & love. 
I'm surrendered to God's plan so much more than I was 2 years ago, because I know in my heart whatever wait is ahead of us this time around is more than worth it

  Whether it only takes 6 months or 2 more years for God to lead us to Baby K #2, we are committed to trusting God to lead to us our next little one… We'd love for you to consider joining us on our new adoption adventure. The journey ahead won't be easy & we are going to need our support system to remind of these truths from time to time… Adoption is hard, y'all. It's an emotional, spiritual & financial battle every step of the way. We are going to need a whole lot of prayer, encouragement & financial support from our family, friends, church & community covering us.   

 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"
 ~Ephesians 3:20 



With Love,
Tyler 


1 comment:

  1. I so love reading your posts! You are my inspiration to trust God and surrender all to Him. I'm older and beyond the "baby" years but my story touches infertility and in a way touches adoption. I have two grown children I did not birth but I raised thanks to my husband of 21+ years. I am the only mother they know ... I am their mother. After 5 years of infertility, which included an ectopic pregnancy and 2 additional miscarriages I conceived and birthed a daughter and 3 years later a son. So, I have a 30 year old daughter, a 27 year old son followed by a 16 year old daughter and 13 year old son. I have not determined why God has brought me into this community but I'm attempting to wait patiently until He reveals His plan to me. I must also mention my mother was adopted and my BFF in HS placed her son for adoption in 1986. So you see, adoption has been a part of my life for basically my entire life.

    Praying for you as you go travel God's journey for you once again!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete