Saturday, November 21, 2015

National Adoption Month: News of You

One year ago TODAY we heard about Isabel for the very first time. We are reminded today of the beautiful sacrifice her birth mother made by choosing adoption & choosing us. So grateful!

Last year, on November 21st, we received an email from our adoption consultants with a birth mother situation like we had several times before. We quickly read the limited information & both immediately agree to send our profile book to the birth mother. 
I still remember my prayer after we made the decision to present our book to her. I asked the Lord to give me peace, regardless of the outcome. I prayed for the protection & development of the baby. That day & in the days to come I prayed constantly for the birth mom, "Lord give her strength, wisdom, clarity, peace, & hope as she makes her decision." 
For the first time in our 3 month waiting-to-be-matched-process, I actually had peace instead of anxiety in my heart as we waited over the next few days to hear news. I hoped she would choose us, but I was no longer putting my hope in the outcome of the situation. I really didn't think we would be chosen...little did I know, God was about to answer all of our prayers.


Today we supported Baby Steps Infertility Awareness 5k. Cary ran in anticipation of our sweet Baby K #2. Loved seeing so many people out supporting friends & family supported by infertility. 

I hope our story encourages those of you still waiting for your miracle. Whether it's a positive pregnancy test, an adoption match, a spiritual breakthrough or healing for someone you love...I'm here to remind you that the Lord hasn't forgotten about you… Trust in His timing today! 

With love,
Tyler 

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." ~Romans 12:12

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." ~Psalm 27:14 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11 


No comments:

Post a Comment