Wednesday, November 25, 2015

National Adoption Month: She Chose Us

We were matched with Isabel's birth mom one year ago TODAY. 

I shared this photo just a few hours before we heard the news!

I'll never forget how it felt to finally receive that life-changing news. I remember the way my heart leapt when I looked down to see our adoption consultants calling at 8 p.m. at night. I remember the way everything inside of me went still when I heard the words, "She chose you." I remember standing in our Canadian apartment with tears welling up & excitement exploding in my heart as the news sunk in. After all the waiting, being matched felt so surreal. A few minutes later, our consultants emailed over a picture of Isabel's birth mom. As I looked at her picture for the first time, peace & gratitude filled my heart for the brave, beautiful woman I saw looking back at me. 

Cary was on a plane flying across Canada for the 2014 Grey Cup when I got the news, so I had to wait 2 hours to tell him. It was SO hard waiting to share the news with him!!! That night we celebrating the exciting news over the phone & prayed for the birth mom. I hardly slept at all anticipating all that was to come! The next morning we were able to speak with Isabel's birth mom on a conference call. The conversation was awesome & just what we all needed to confirm that the match was right. As our call ended & I hung up the phone, joy & relief overwhelmed me. We were going to have a baby! I cried while praising God for His hand on our journey. 


One year later we are soaking up the joy that our sweet 9 month old daughter brings to our lives every single day. We are so thankful to be celebrating this Thanksgiving with Isabel in our arms. I look at my daughter's beautiful face & I see God's grace written all over her life. I'm been so overwhelmed with gratitude this week as I reflect on our journey this time last year. I am amazed at the way God brought everything together in His perfect timing. Thanksgiving week will forever remind me of God's faithfulness & sovereignty!







If you are a Baton Rouge or Louisiana local, contact Jen Menard Olano if you need family, newborn, maternity, engagement or wedding photography. Jen is not only a talented photographer, she also is a kind woman, generous soul & sweet friend. She has donated her time, money & talent to our adoption fundraising. She even felt led to reach out & BLESS us with this family shoot! She recently photographed my sister's wedding & did an amazing job. Jen has been such a great friend to our family & we are thankful. Go give this generous woman some business! 

I am so grateful for Isabel's birth mom for choosing adoption & choosing us for our sweet girl. I pray the Lord would bless her abundantly. Please keep Isabel's birth family in your prayers this Thanksgiving.

I can't wait to see what's in store for our family as we move forward with another adoption. We are beginning to pray specific prayers over our next baby-to-be & his/her birth mother. We would love for you to join us. God is so faithful & we are trusting His hand to be over detail of our new journey.

We are so grateful for all of the prayer, encouragement & support our family & friends have given us over the past year & a half. We couldn't do this without our amazing community behind us.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Tyler, Cary & Isabel  

No comments:

Post a Comment