Monday, November 30, 2015

National Adoption Month

It's been amazing & emotional reflecting back on our journey over the past few weeks in honor of National Adoption Month. Thanks to all of you who have followed along with our posts this month & over the past year & a half! We appreciate the kind & encouraging words, support & prayers that have been given to our family throughout this journey. I hope my posts touch, encourage & educate. I loved connecting more with others touched by adoption & will continue to use this blog to share my heart on the crazy, hard, beautiful parts of the process.


I just want to say one more thing before National Adoption Month ends: If you have an interest in adoption, explore it. Ask questions, pray, do your research... God might be planting a seed in your heart. 

In August of 2013, a few months before we even received our infertility diagnosis & 8 months before we started the adoption process, I found myself googling "How to adopt an infant." God was moving my heart towards adoption at that time, when I thought I would be years before we would consider adopting. 

Adoption has changed our hearts & lives forever...I am so grateful for Isabel & so hopeful for what God will continue to do. We would appreciate your prayers over our next adoption journey, especially for joy, wisdom & provision as we prepare. 

We will continue to keep y'all updated with adoption #2 progress. We cannot start the official paperwork until we raise a significant amount of funds. We re-opened our Etsy shop this month. All proceeds from the shop benefit our next adoption. We've got a great response so far & are so grateful for each person who has shopped! :)  

We will be offering many ways for our community to support our new adoption adventure over the coming months. Tomorrow we will be launching our first fundraiser, "Team Cut or Team Grow" to officially kick off our fundraising. Details coming tomorrow! For more information on how to support us, visit the "Support Us" tab at the top of the blog. 
Even though our circumstances seem to be shouting, "there's no way to make this happen", we believe God is calling us to adopt again, so we have faith He will make a way.  

If you have questions about how to get started with adoption, let me know! I love to share our experience in hopes of helping others. If you're currently in the process, please let me know how I can be praying for you! 

With love,
The Kochs 

No comments:

Post a Comment