Monday, January 18, 2016

I have a dream…

"I have a dream that one day right there in Alabama little 
black boys and little black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers." Martin Luther King, Jr.

We've come so far, but we have so far to goI am grateful for the work & legacy of MLK. 

I have a dream that MLK's quote would soon be literally represented in our little Louisiana family. 

My heart has so many hopes for our next little one Lately, I find myself dreaming about him or her daily. I keep thinking someone is just going to contact us soon with an unofficial situation that is the perfect fit (which I never imagined happening with our first adoption). 
Right now our financial circumstances seem to put us far out from these dreams unfolding, but I know God has a purpose in giving me these desires & dreams I might not see the big picture right now, but I know He's moving in my heart for our next little one for a specific reason, so I'm committing to praying daily for our next baby & his/her birth mom. Regardless of the timeline or way everything ends up coming together in our new adoption journey, I know His plans are best & I want to continue to put my trust in Him. I am thankful His plans are so much bigger & better than we could ever imagine for ourselves. Isabel is such a sweet reminder of that truth! 

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you can't see the whole staircase." MLK 

We just wanted to give y'all an update about what's been going on in our hearts with this new adoption journey. Sorry I haven't blogged much over the past month or so, our little family has been going through a lot of transition! 
We moved (still living in Baton Rouge) & Cary started a new job (working as a lobbyist with his dad). Our adoption fundraising efforts have been put on hold while we continue to get settled & adjust to all the changes. We will have our Etsy shop open again soon & are also working on more fundraisers. If you want more information about our fundraising, click here or here
Little Isabel has a birthday coming up in just a few short weeksI can hardly believe my baby is turning 1! At this time last year we were working on her nursery & preparing for her arrival. The past 11 months with her have been amazing. Our sweet Isabel Grace brings us joy every single day & I am so grateful for the gift of being her momma. We are cherishing every single day with her & truly enjoying the sweet stage she's in.
 

We would love your continued prayers for our family. And also, we know this is a stretch, but in the coming weeks, months or sometime later in the year if you hear of an expectant mother looking to make an adoption plan, feel free to reach out to us (tylergordykoch@gmail.com) 

Adoption is such a complicated & risky process, so we are planning on working with consultants & going through official channels again, but you never know how God's plans will unfold. We are open to an infant of any race, but specifically feel led to a black or biracial baby. We are waiting until we reach a certain financial goal before we update our homestudy & profile book, but if the right situation presented itself, we would be willing to move quickly to get all of our paperwork in order & trust God to provide the funds for us to move forward.

Love defines a family...not genetics or race. Can't wait to see what God has in store for our family!


Thank you Dr. Martin Luther King for fighting inequality, spreading a message of love & changing our world for the better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment