Tuesday, December 6, 2016

National Adoption Month: ABCs of Adoption: W-Z

In honor of National Adoption Month, members of the adoption triad shared their adoption stories on social media. Throughout the month of November, I used "The ABCs of Adoption" as a guide to help me share my heart on adoption topics. Click here, here, here, here & here to read my previous posts. 


W is for...We Could Have Missed This


 

So thankful we didn't let unknowns, risks, financial obstacles, fears or others' opinions hold us back from adopting! To say that our precious babies were more than worth every hard moment, struggle, tear & sacrifice it took to bring them home is an understatement. Don't let anything stop you from pursuing what you know God has put on your heart! 



X for...X-tra Thankful 



Happy Thanksgiving friends! My arms & heart are full this Thanksgiving because of adoption! I'm feeling extra thankful for my little blessings this year. :) 


Y is for...YAY! 



2 years ago on November 25th, we got THE CALL & our lives changed forever in the best way possible! I'll never forget the moment I heard these three little words, "She chose you!" from our adoption consultant. Initially I was in shock...then the happy tears started! 

At the time we were living in Canada. I was in our apartment watching the Dancing with the Stars finale by myself when I got the news. Cary was on a plane flying across Canada to the Grey Cup (for those of you who aren't familiar with the Canadian Football League, The Grey Cup is basically the Super Bowl of the CFL)...I had to wait over 2 hours for the plane to land before I could get him on the phone to tell him...I was DYING!!! 3 days later we were finally able to be together to celebrate in person! #allthefeels

So grateful the Lord led us to our precious Izzy...so honored her birth mom chose us for her. Our baby girl lights up our lives & brings us more joy than we ever imagined possible!



Z is for...Zephaniah 3:17 

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." 



This post concludes my "ABCs of Adoption" posts! 

Thanks to everyone who followed along & for all of the beautiful & kind words so many of you have had for my family this month. God has used National Adoption Month to continue teaching me much about His love & the beauty of family. Reading posts from others who have also shared their truths, hearts & journeys so openly, honestly & beautifully has been so moving. Pressing in with so many others to learn more about what adoption means to fellow families, adoptees & birth families has brought new perspective, comfort, hope & growth to my heart. Blessed to "know" so many of your hearts through your beautiful words. God is moving & using the power of adoption stories to bring His people closer to knowing His heart. 

Thankful & blessed to be walking this journey with so many others! 


With love, 
Tyler 

No comments:

Post a Comment