Friday, May 26, 2017

Fertility Update: Surgery Follow Up & TTC

First off, how cute are our babies!? I'll never get over the absolute miracle of these two! Huge thank you to everyone who helped us bring them home! 

Ok, back to the update... ;) 
We had a fertility appointment this week to go over results from my recent laparoscopic surgery. It's been two weeks today since I had surgery. I recovered well & am finally feeling pretty much back to normal. The surgery went very well. All endometriosis, as well as a fibroid, was removed successfully. I am so grateful & relieved to know the endo is gone! Woohoo! Thank you all so much for all the prayers!

{Blog post coming soon about what to expect when having laparoscopic surgery. I've had two now, one exploratory & one to remove endo, & my experiences were different. For me, the anxiety & not knowing what to expect beforehand hand was the worst part. I'll be sharing soon in hopes of helping others better prepare for their own surgeries!} 

Now that the endo is gone & everything else is in motion as far as meds, supplements + diet, we can start trying to conceive again! I thought we were going to have to wait another cycle because of the surgery, so I was really excited to hear we already have the green light from our doctor! Mentally & emotionally, I am so ready to move forward from the testing + surgery stage to start trying again. 



I'll be starting progesterone & continuing to do lab work over the next 6 weeks to make sure all meds are working well. If we haven't conceived in 3 months, we will continue with more testing. Our doctor is so sweet & hopeful for these next couple months. I am too...I feel excited for the first time in years about TTC again. And even if it doesn't happen like we hope, we know we are right where we are supposed to be! 

Thanks so so much for all the love. We appreciate your continued prayers! It feels good not to be in this alone this time around.  



With love,
Tyler 

No comments:

Post a Comment