Tuesday, May 2, 2017

National Infertility Awareness Week: Feeling Down & Encouragement

The past couple of days I've been feeling down. I didn't really want to share BUT I felt like there might be someone else out there today who needed to know it's ok not to be ok...someone else who needed some truth & encouragement. 

A funk has been slowly creeping up on me & yesterday I finally decided to face it head on. I sat in the silence for a while & let myself feel all the emotions I've been trying to avoid. I let the tears roll down my face & buried my head in my hands until the tears stopped. After sitting in that sad, honest space for a while, I spent time in prayer & God's word. I renewed my mind & heart with His promises & chose to hold onto the truth that through Him, I am more than a conqueror. In Him, I have hope & joy that is bigger than my circumstances. I prayed for the Holy Spirit to strengthen & comfort me...to fill me up with peace that surpasses all understanding.


I am so thankful that His strength is made perfect in my weakness. I'm thankful on days & weeks when I feel messy & broken, He invites me to come to Him just the way I am. I'm thankful He is a loving father who carries my burdens. I'm thankful through Him, all things are made new. I hope you know you can approach the throne of grace today just as you are. He is waiting so tenderly & patiently for you!

Here are some verses I've been clinging to:
Romans 15:13 
Hebrews 4:14-16 
Romans 12:2 
1 Peter 5:7 
Romans 8:31-39 
Philippians 4:6-8 
2 Corinthians 12:9 
Matthew 11:28-30 
2 Corinthians 5:17 

With love,
Tyler 

No comments:

Post a Comment