Friday, July 14, 2017

Sarah's Laughter Support Groups, Podcast & Hope Narrative Conference

Last week I attended a Sarah's Laughter Infertility Support group meeting for the first time. It was such an encouragement to me & I only wish I'd started going sooner! If you're in the Baton Rouge area & dealing with infertility, please don't continue to struggle alone. Sarah's Laughter offers support groups for infertility, secondary infertility, adoption, pregnancy after infertility, support for men & they even have an online support group for infertility. All info on support groups can be found on the Sarah's Laughter website: http://www.sarahs-laughter.com
I was so excited to finally meet some of my "online friends" in person for the first time at the support group, especially sweet Melissa! 

Back in January Cary & I had opportunity to sit down & record a podcast with Beth & Jason Forbus (the founders of Sarah's Laughter.) On the podcast, we share our story of infertility, adoption & faith. We get really honest about the devastation of infertility, the struggles we walked through as we adopted & what God has done in our hearts over the past 5 years. I shared the link to our podcast months ago on Instagram & Facebook but I wanted to share it here as well. We pray our podcast will be an encouragement to everyone who hears it: 
There are currently 37 podcasts up on the Sarah's Laughter website, all featuring people who have testimonies about infertility, adoption, loss, brokenness, restoration, hope & faith. What an incredibly valuable resource for our community, right?! 
Y'all be sure to check them out:

Sarah's Laughter sponsors a faith-based Infertility, Adoption & Child Loss conference called the Hope Narrative which will be held here in Baton Rouge, LA on September 16th. This conference is for both men & women. Husbands are welcomed & encouraged to attend, but many women will be there without their husbands as well. 
Cary & I are so excited to be a part of this event! We will speaking about adoption together in a breakout session & Cary will also be leading a men's breakout session on infertility & adoption. If you live in Baton Rouge or surrounding areas (Or anywhere really! We are just a plane flight away) & are struggling through infertility, adoption or child loss, I highly encourage you to attend this conference! My faith-filled friend Caroline, blogger, author of In Due Time devotional & founder of Mom's In The Making ministry, is the keynote speaker & I am pumped to finally get to meet her in person! Caroline's blog: http://in-due-time.com


Conference tickets are on sale now for only $49. You can purchase yours here: Hope Narrative Tickets

 I'll also be giving away a conference ticket on my Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/theadventuresofbabyk/ in a few weeks so stay tuned! I know this event is going to be a powerful encouragement to many! 


If you know someone struggling with infertility or walking the rocky road of adoption, please please please pass along these resources to them. This journey is so hard, but having support makes such a difference! 

With love,
Tyler 

No comments:

Post a Comment